Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tangle Foot Rag (1906)...Fleta Jan Brown

The second tune of the same name, this was suggested by Marc as a possible for banjo. It's a cake walk rather than a rag but  a catchy tune…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Apr 22, 2016

Tanglefoot Rag (1910)...Frank Hoyt Losey

Losey was better known as a composer of band music but he did write a few rags and this is probably his best. It's similar in structure to…

5 Apr 20, 2016
Reply by Steve Harrison

Golden Spider (March and Two-step) (1910)..Chas. L. Johnson

I don't think Johnson ever wrote a bad rag and this is no exception. I've set the midi at a comfortable playing speed but it may sound bett…

0 Apr 19, 2016

Banjo Tuners

I do have a nice 'Boss' chromatic tuner that I have used to tune my banjo for years, but as I didn't use it very often the tiny 9 volt batt…

Started by Ray Jones

3 Apr 18, 2016
Reply by Daniel Bradbury

UPDATED TODAY: “THE WORKS OF JOE MORLEY” Project

JOE MORLEY “The Lightning Banjo player”   Rev. Anthony Peabody has been very busy working on his “Magnum Opus” of producing audio files f…

Started by thereallyniceman

4 Apr 17, 2016
Reply by Anthony Peabody

Florida Rag (1905)...G.L.Lowrey

I've used the piano score for most of this arrangement with bits of Ossman and Van eps mixed in. I've transposed it from G to F as in the F…

0 Apr 17, 2016

Florida Rag by George Lowry

Does anyone have a banjo arrangement of this, as played by Vess Ossman? If not, I may put it on my to do list..many thanks..Steve.

4 Apr 15, 2016
Reply by Steve Harrison

Yankee Bird (1910)...Charles L. Johnson

This is the second tune written by Johnson celebrating the early days of aviation, Cloud Kisser Rag being the other which I arranged some t…

0 Apr 15, 2016

Joe Morley & Clifford Essex

Which tracks on the website were played by Joe Morley when he was with Clifford Essex's Pierrots and when did he leave the troupe? Also, do…

Started by Uncle Tacko!

0 Apr 14, 2016

THIS is how to hold a banjo!

It appears that I have been doing it incorrectly! ... as I do not wear a winged collar with my bow-tie and tuxedo.

Started by thereallyniceman

13 Apr 14, 2016
Reply by Jody Stecher

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service