Classic Banjo (2,654)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Harvest Hop (1908)..C. L. Johnson.

This is my take on a delightful but corny tune by Johnson, very much in the vein of The Sunflower dance. Marc posted his arrangement some t…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 May 30, 2016

Champagne Rag (1910)...Joseph Lamb

I reckon this is one of Lamb's best rags, it ticks all the ragtime boxes. I've transcribed it to B flat from F so as to fit in the high oct…

3 May 29, 2016
Reply by carrie horgan

Barber Pole Rag (1911)....Chas. L. Johnson

This is another good composition from Johnson but a rag it isn't. It has a very 'old timey' sound to it, especially the first part, and is…

6 May 27, 2016
Reply by Steve Harrison

The Sun From The East..Traditional, from the Thomas Hardy Collection.

As well as being an author and poet,(Far From The Madding Crowds etc.), Thomas Hardy was also an accomplished violinist and together with m…

0 May 22, 2016

Spanish Ladies..(Traditional English sea shanty)

Eric Womersley sent me a request to arrange some folk music for him as he has started playing in a local folk orchestra. This first one is…

0 May 22, 2016

Bickford's Banjo Players Favorite

Ask and I shall receive (evidently).  So here it is! Directly from 1918 it is the "Banjo Players Favorite", a collection of seventy familia…

Started by Joel Hooks

36 May 20, 2016
Reply by Shawn McSweeny

Banjo and Cello?

Anthony Peabody sent me a link to this beautiful performance. Banjo and cello?.... who would have thunk it??  !!

Started by thereallyniceman

0 May 19, 2016

Anybody know of a Clifford Essex for sale?

I'm looking for a Concert Grand, Paragon, or Wood Hoop Special. I'm just as interested in the '30s "New Paragon" and "New Concert Grand" mo…

Started by John Cohen

0 May 18, 2016

Shirley Spaulding's recording of A Footlight Favorite

In another discussion on this site today I  mentioned Shirley Spaulding's recording of A Footlight Favorite.  Give a listen to this fantast…

Started by Jody Stecher

0 May 14, 2016

Camm Avatars

We all know that Douglas Adams was an ADC pseudonym but I have it in my mind there were others....I've two solos that have turned up recent…

Started by David Wade

3 May 10, 2016
Reply by David Wade

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service