Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New Fred Van Eps Recordings!

I have been having a hunt around and have come across a couple of rare Fred Van Eps recordings that I have never heard before and thought t…

Started by thereallyniceman

14 Jun 17, 2013
Reply by Luka Renić

New article added to our "WHAT IS CLASSIC BANJO?" page

Site member Tony Thomas wanted to clarify the often stated misconceptions regarding the origins of the banjo and its roots in the Caribbean…

3 Jun 11, 2013
Reply by Mike Moss

Quality Rag (1911) and Sunburst rag (1909)

Just added to the library are my arrangements of two James Scott rags together with midis. I don't think these have ever been arranged for…

Started by Steve Harrison

3 Jun 8, 2013
Reply by Jody Stecher

Basic banjo history ignored in classic banjo introduction (edited by moderator)

The 30 minute "introductory" video on Classic Banjo is nice playing but every comment the speaker makes about banjo history is simply wrong…

Started by Tony Thomas MFA Black Banjoist

12 Jun 5, 2013
Reply by Mike Moss

The Titanic String Band (performance)

Hello - I don't know if anyone has posted this previously but thought I would share this link to an interesting video.  It features a perfo…

Started by carrie horgan

12 Jun 5, 2013
Reply by Joel Hooks

CLASSIC BANJO SUMMER SCHOOL IN THE UK. PLACES AVAILABLE SO DON’T MISS IT!!

BOOK NOW TO ENSURE YOUR PLACE!   The British BMG Federation Summer School Weekend 21 – 23 June 2013   Elias Sibley teaches Classic Fing…

0 May 28, 2013

classic banjo clubs or groups

Are there any classic banjo clubs or groups for beginers in the roanok,virginia area yhat I can join?

Started by allen ray millirons

4 May 25, 2013
Reply by Trapdoor2

Sam Payne

Hi there - I wondered if anyone would happen to have a score for a tune composed by Sam Payne: 'The White Coons Polka March' (published by…

Started by carrie horgan

2 May 24, 2013
Reply by carrie horgan

BANJO WITH HEEL SCREW

I have run across a banjo with one coordinator rod and a screw in the heel. I have looked around, but I was unable to find the purpose of t…

Started by Bill Banks

0 May 23, 2013

UK BANJO RALLY ADDED TO OUR NEW EVENTS PAGE

If you know of, are involved with, or are organising a banjo event which includes the Classic Style of playing, please let us know and we w…

2 May 23, 2013
Reply by thereallyniceman

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service