Classic Banjo (2,654)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Here is a rare Olly Oakley Recording (c1908)

Well, for your delectation, here is another rare recording from one of the Classic Banjo greats. I had not heard it before, and possibly yo…

Started by thereallyniceman

7 Jul 1, 2013
Reply by thereallyniceman

Thalberg connection?

Here's something to ponder. I recall a (probably apocryphal?) story about Sigismond Thalberg and the banjo, which seems to have been taken…

Started by Mike Moss

4 Jun 30, 2013
Reply by Trapdoor2

McAlheeny's Cake Walk. Irish Ragtime !!!!!!!

Steve mentioned that he was working on a very rare piece, but Irish Ragtime?? I wonder what attracted Steve to this piece? I have ad…

0 Jun 29, 2013

McAlheeny's Cake Walk. Irish Ragtime !!!!!!!

Steve mentioned that he was working on  a very rare pice, but Irish Ragtime?? I wonder what attracted Steve to this piece? I have added…

0 Jun 29, 2013

HOSTING SERVER STATUS: DOWN

The hosting server for some features on site is currently down.  You may not be able to access some of the site's features. It should be up…

0 Jun 26, 2013

So how should Classic Style Banjo really sound?

A long time ago I was kindly sent a selection of recordings and I just been sorting through my heap filing system and discovered one solo t…

17 Jun 25, 2013
Reply by Jody Stecher

Looking for a nice banjo to play Classic Style?

Site member, Mike Redman sent me this link to an Ebay UK auction for a nice looking Clifford Essex “Clipper” banjo. CLICK LINK:   EBAY AUCT…

10 Jun 25, 2013
Reply by Jody Stecher

Poor Clifford Essex Professional

There is what appears to be a Clifford Essex Professional pot on UK Ebay   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Banjo-pot-/261220847572    …BUT what…

6 Jun 20, 2013
Reply by Richard William Ineson

BMG April 1971

Hi all, Would any of you fine folks have a copy of the article "Banjo Makers" from April 1971? There might be some info about the early Tr…

Started by Joel Hooks

3 Jun 20, 2013
Reply by thereallyniceman

New Fred Van Eps Recordings!

I have been having a hunt around and have come across a couple of rare Fred Van Eps recordings that I have never heard before and thought t…

14 Jun 17, 2013
Reply by Luka Renić

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service