Classic Banjo (2,655)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

MORE JAMES SCOTT compositions arranged by Steve!

Steve is keeping me busy again and has sent three more Classic Banjo arrangement of his favourite James Scott rags. Extract from Wikipedia…

Started by thereallyniceman

1 Aug 4, 2013
Reply by thereallyniceman

A Classy Rag for Classic Banjo

Steve Harrison has been busy again arranging some of the finest rags for classic banjo. Here is another James Scott composition and what a…

2 Aug 4, 2013
Reply by Steve Harrison

Pegasus (A Classic Rag) 1920....James Scott

My latest offering is now in the library with midi. It's a fine piece by James Scott and well worth a listen. I've had to be inventive in p…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Aug 4, 2013

Sea Breeze..

Does anyone know the name of the tune that begins at bar 31? I know the melody but can't recall the title....Steve.

Started by Steve Harrison

1 Aug 3, 2013
Reply by TONY BRYAN

I’ll be Back... soon!!

Some may have noticed that I have not been on site much recently … oh darn, you didn’t notice!!??   I have told a few of my on site friends…

0 Aug 3, 2013

Temlett Zither Banjo

Does anyone know if or how I can date my Temlett banjo that I've recently acquired? It has a number: 3824 stamped on it. Any help appreciat…

Started by John Lawrence

8 Aug 3, 2013
Reply by John Lawrence

Vess Ossman "ALittle Bit Of Everything"

any known tab available for this song? Or has anyone a video of your version? I have never been able to figure out the fast part. Not had m…

Started by chad flory

5 Jul 31, 2013
Reply by Richard William Ineson

Jack MacGarvey - The All Irish Banjo Champion!

Ray Jones has sent me an email regarding Jack MacGarvey.  Ray is still in contact with Kathleen MacGarvey, Jack’s daughter.   Now in her…

11 Jul 29, 2013
Reply by Richard William Ineson

Ottawa March, by Morley. Any recordings?

I have been learning this one and it doesn't sound at all like a march after the first few measures. It is nice, but in my hands it just do…

Started by OK-4

3 Jul 29, 2013
Reply by Trapdoor2

THE JOVIAL HUNTSMAN by Olly Oakley... and how to play it!

Here is a track performed by Olly Oakley. I do not know the year, but it has been suggested that it was recorded around 1916. Maybe Dave Wa…

3 Jul 22, 2013
Reply by Alan Sims

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service