Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New Era Rag.. James Scott

This was by far the most challenging yet to arrange for banjo. Much of the piano score is  impossible to play on banjo and so I've had to…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Oct 4, 2013

Grimshaw-Chopin Nocturne in Eb

I have Emile Grimshaw's Plectrum Playing For Modern Banjoist's, which finishes off with a magnificent arrangement of Chopin's famous Noctur…

Started by Rob MacKillop

2 Oct 3, 2013
Reply by Rob MacKillop

Recordings of Old Classic Banjo Players Needed

If you have been following my previous post, you will have noticed that spilled the beans to Ian about my latest project. I hope to start a…

Started by Hal Allert

25 Oct 2, 2013
Reply by Hal Allert

Another manifestation of Steve’s Banjo Completism … We’re nearly there!!

Steve has sent me another James Scott Ragtime arrangement that he has produced for Classic Banjo. Yesterday I looked through the score and…

Started by thereallyniceman

1 Sep 30, 2013
Reply by Steve Harrison

Advice about bridge for classic banjo.

Hello everybody, I am new to classic banjo playing and I need some advice. I have a steel strung Epiphone MB 100 open back banjo with ebony…

Started by Luka Renić

14 Sep 28, 2013
Reply by Pertti Vuori

Peace and Plenty Rag..James Scott

Ian has just added my latest arrangement and midi to the library. This has some interesting syncopation and chords, especially in the F…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Sep 27, 2013

THE MIDLANDS BANJO FESTIVAL. SAT. OCTOBER 12th 2013

It doesn’t seem a year since Lynn and I went to the 2012 Midlands Banjo Festival, but here we are again and the next Fest will be held at:…

0 Sep 27, 2013

Here is yet another great ragtime arrangement.

Steve is still working through all of the James Scott ragtime compositions. This one is Climax Rag …. A dramatic title for a dramatic rag.…

0 Sep 25, 2013

Now here is a daft, but serious question.

When recording my banjo videos I have recently been using a Zoom H2 digital microphone, which is 1000 times better than the microphone on m…

3 Sep 23, 2013
Reply by thereallyniceman

Prosperity Rag James Scott and Steve

The latest of Steve's arrangements for classic style banjo is James Scott's Prosperity Rag Steve says that there are only 9 James Scott ra…

3 Sep 22, 2013
Reply by Steve Harrison

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service