Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Quality Bacon with no sizzle!

I have just added MP3 recordings of compositions by Thomas E Glynn and George Gregory to their PLAYER BIOGRAPHIES pages, and thought that I…

Started by thereallyniceman

3 Feb 17, 2014
Reply by Jody Stecher

Sheep Music and The Ellisaphone

I've been reading through the Player Biographies and in each case discovered things I did not know. I got curious about what "exotic instru…

Started by Jody Stecher

5 Feb 16, 2014
Reply by Jody Stecher

Silverheels (1909) Neil Moret (aka Charles Daniels)

This arrangement is taken from the original piano score and the second part differs somewhat from the Fred Van Eps recording. Ian has give…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Feb 16, 2014

NEW BIOGRAPHY ADDED: S.S. Stewart was born in Philadelphia, January 8, 1855.

I have added a new biography to the PLAYER BIOGRAPHIES page. Find out loads of interesting information about S. S. Stewart.

0 Feb 16, 2014

Connecticut.March (1911)...William Nassann

For anyone who wants some bass solo practice, this may be worth a try. It uses all of the fret board from top to bottom C. Maybe there's…

2 Feb 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Harrison

New Biographies Added to the PLAYER BIOGRAPHIES page.

I have added brief biographies for: Tommy Glynn George Gregory Geo L. Lansing & Shirley Spaulding If you have suggestions or think t…

0 Feb 13, 2014

Rialto Ripples Rag (1917) G.Gershwin & W.Donaldson

This is one of the earliest compositions by Gershwin. It was written in 1916 when he was 18 years old and is the only rag he ever compos…

4 Feb 11, 2014
Reply by Trapdoor2

How to value a pre 1914 JE Dallas banjo

I helped a friend fix a pre-1914 Dallas banjo. "fixing" it only  in the sense of getting it playable.  And now I'm trying to help him value…

Started by David Alden

4 Feb 11, 2014
Reply by David Alden

How To Play the 5-string Banjo

I recently picked up a second hand, 1962,  copy of this book by Pete Seeger,  and this reference to nylon strings and Fred Van Eps caught…

Started by Trevor Boyd

90 Feb 11, 2014
Reply by Greg Adams

Here is a second bite of the Fred Van Eps “cherry” for everyone.

I am sure you will agree that it was worth the wait! These two tracks are a bit of a puzzle as they may be named incorrectly on the album,…

7 Feb 10, 2014
Reply by Rainier Lanselle

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service