Classic Banjo (2,666)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Nonsense (A Ragged Sensation) 1911....Richard Grant Grady

I couldn't locate a piano score for this so I've had to work from the midi, I think I've made a reasonable interpretation for banjo. It fol…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Aug 29, 2014

Eddie Tobin.

Does anyone have any footage of Irish fingerstyle player the late Eddie Tobin.

Started by james behan

4 Aug 28, 2014
Reply by james behan

No Banjo Antics but pale turquoise is a good carpet color.

Sorry, I don't have a recording of Banjo Antics, Frank. But I *do* have a carpet of the same color as the one beneath your Paragon!   I'll…

Started by Jody Stecher

15 Aug 24, 2014
Reply by thereallyniceman

I have a bigger one than I thought !

In a recent discussion regarding the playing style of Paul Cadwell, Marc (Trapdoor2) said:   I also like how he moves his RH along the stri…

Started by thereallyniceman

3 Aug 23, 2014
Reply by Steve Harrison

Ideal "Job of the Day"... maybe?

I was browsing our local online Gumtree (same as Craig's List) and spotted the Job of the Day. I immediately assumed that a banjo player…

Started by thereallyniceman

0 Aug 20, 2014

American Rondo...anyone?

Anyone have a digital copy of "American Rondo" they're willing to share? I was listening to it today and thinking it would be fun to play.…

Started by Trapdoor2

13 Aug 19, 2014
Reply by Trapdoor2

Tyrolean Waltz by Frank Bradbury

I have just digitized this waltz and cleaned it up but the obligato part is shorter than the solo part by 4 or 5 measures. I am using the h…

Started by Hal Allert

0 Aug 16, 2014

The Thorough Banjoist

Here is another banjo tutor in the seemingly endless stream of 19th century banjo books... "The Thorough Banjoist" by F. W. Wessenburg, 189…

Started by Joel Hooks

2 Aug 13, 2014
Reply by Thomas Edgar

Notation anomaly in Cammeyer's Etude in G major

I'm trying to learn Alfred Cammeyer's Etude in G major. It's in the library here and also attached below in this message. There are some s…

Started by Jody Stecher

4 Aug 7, 2014
Reply by Jody Stecher

The Virginia Skedaddle (1890)..Monroe H. Rosenfeld

This is a 'bonkers'(eccentric)  composition and a real ragbag of differing styles. It starts with a pseudo classical intro which is fol…

Started by Steve Harrison

2 Aug 6, 2014
Reply by Steve Harrison

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service