Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

There's a Land That's Fairer than Day aka The Sweet By and By (1856) Jos.P.Webster.

This is an arrangement that was requested by one of our new members Eric Womersley. Eric plays a number of instruments and sings in a Gos…

Started by Steve Harrison

1 Apr 2, 2015
Reply by Eric Womersley

Tattoo

I've been learning Tattoo by Emile Grimshaw.  It's  a fun piece to play that sounds more challenging than it actually is.  One thing that b…

Started by John Cohen

0 Apr 2, 2015

Banjeaurine...?

Well, I have been monitoring the internet for months but have not yet come across one of these magical, mythical beasts for sale in the UK/…

Started by carrie horgan

21 Mar 28, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

I have found my favourite 45rpm record

For those who know ... it could be made for me.      :-))

Started by thereallyniceman

2 Mar 26, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

Yankee Kid (1909)....Charlotte Blake.

This is a catchy novelty cake walk. Ms. Blake has cleverly woven various American tunes into the piece and the 'ragged' them with some nice…

4 Mar 25, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

The Watermelon Club March (1908) Jens Bodewalt Lampe

This is great march from the pen of Lampe and not one I'd heard before. It's got plenty of variety and not too challenging on the fingers.…

0 Mar 24, 2015

3rd Newbie question

Me again, I'm afraid. I am starting the alternate finger exercises and note that they start with the index finger rather than the thumb. T…

Started by Eric Womersley

6 Mar 21, 2015
Reply by thereallyniceman

Another Newbie question : the 5th string

Hi all I have been watching a number of classic banjo videos and, of late, have looked at how the 5th string is used. My initial thought i…

Started by Eric Womersley

8 Mar 20, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

Quiz

There are no prizes, but do you know who this bloke is?

Started by Ray Jones

8 Mar 20, 2015
Reply by Ray Jones

A Black Smoke (1902)...C.L.Johnson

This is the second tune suggested by John Cohen and it was a bit of a tester. Considering how early this was written, it has some very unus…

0 Mar 20, 2015

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service