Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bacon tone rings

What's the consensus on the tone rings found in Bacon FF Professional, Concert, and Orchestra banjos?  

Started by John Cohen

1 Jul 28, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

New Bradbury Tutor Book added

Here is a "NEW" , well the 1926 edition, of Frank Bradbury's Modern Method for Banjo. Joel kindly sent me this PDF file and describes i…

Started by thereallyniceman

10 Jul 27, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

The Georgia Giggle (1918)..Will L. Livernash.

This a lively rag that follows the standard rag time formula.  I'd not heard of the composer until I came across this tune which is his o…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Jul 24, 2015

The Dance Of The Hoo Hoo (1898)..Emma Y. Suckert

This another early folk rag that may be of interest to those who play melodic style banjo as, although a piano tune, parts are of it are in…

10 Jul 22, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

Nylon strings for tenor banjo?

Well, what can I say... I've been bitten by the tenor bug and am now playing tenor banjo in addition to classic style. I'm curious about tr…

Started by John Cohen

4 Jul 20, 2015
Reply by Jody Stecher

Honeysuckle Rag (1911) George Botsford.

This is a real banjo pickers tune which should give the fingers plenty of exercise. I've added plenty of fret numbers as a guide to playi…

3 Jul 19, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

bridge question

Hello, my chris sands heavy gauge strings arrived, but I hadn't anticipated the obvious fact that the gauge of the strings is larger than t…

Started by HardboiledRosie

7 Jul 17, 2015
Reply by Jody Stecher

Early Banjo at Augusta's Old-Time Week

Dear Friends, For those looking for something to do the first week of August, please consider coming to Augusta Heritage Center's Old Time…

Started by Greg Adams

0 Jul 14, 2015

The Yankee Hustler (1902)..Hon.Eugene E. Schmitz, mayor of San Francisco.

The  story behind the composer of this tune is more remarkable than the tune itself. Schmitz was Mayor of San Francisco at the time of th…

2 Jul 13, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

Missouri Blues (1911).......Harry Brown

I would describe this a piece of blues influenced ragtime rather than a pure blues. It's an interesting composition with lots of variety…

0 Jul 7, 2015

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service