This is a catchy novelty cake walk. Ms. Blake has cleverly woven various American tunes into the piece and the 'ragged' them with some nice syncopation.

So far I've identified Yankee Doodle, Dixie and Brighton camp but I'm sure there may be a few others hidden there that our American members could name. It's not too difficult on the fingers and sounds good on banjo. The score and midi are in the library....Steve.

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Steve!

You make an amazing contribution for all those who use the website. It is good to have "fresh" old tunes to play rather that the set few that always seem to be in the repertoire of those who play Classic Banjo.

I hope that people appreciate the amount of time and effort involved in producing these scores!

Thanks Ian, I get very little feed back from anyone so I've no idea how often or if ever, any of my arrangements are played apart from the excellent videos made by your good self. This doesn't deter me from continuing as I enjoy the challenge of finding fresh music for the banjo and showing what is possible with a little ingenuity. At my last count, Yankee Kid is arrangement number 218....Steve. 

thereallyniceman said:

Thank you Steve!

You make an amazing contribution for all those who use the website. It is good to have "fresh" old tunes to play rather that the set few that always seem to be in the repertoire of those who play Classic Banjo.

I hope that people appreciate the amount of time and effort involved in producing these scores!

Cool tune, Steve. Well done yet again!

This one ticks all the "American" boxes, I think. Includes short snippets as you've mentioned (although "Brighton Camp" is called "The Girl I Left Behind Me" here), plus "Star Spangled Banner" in the end.

The cover is a fun one, esp. as I love early aviation stuff. So, you've got a Wright Bro's ref., Uncle Sam (as a kid) and the famous "Great White Fleet".

Hi Marc. Thanks, this should appeal to any bluegrass players, I played it few times this afternoon melodic style and it works very well...Steve/

Trapdoor2 said:

Cool tune, Steve. Well done yet again!

This one ticks all the "American" boxes, I think. Includes short snippets as you've mentioned (although "Brighton Camp" is called "The Girl I Left Behind Me" here), plus "Star Spangled Banner" in the end.

The cover is a fun one, esp. as I love early aviation stuff. So, you've got a Wright Bro's ref., Uncle Sam (as a kid) and the famous "Great White Fleet".

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service