Just dusting off Man The Guns for an outing at the folk club and it occurs to me I know nothing at all about its author, Sanders Papworth.

I suspect he had a big bristly moustache.

What do we know about him?

Views: 652

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's a very brief bio off ancestry.com

http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.papworth/92/mb.ashx

No, he was clean shaven.  I know this because he was my grandfather.  If I knew how I would upload a photograph, of which I have several.  My nephew, David Rose of Music Inn, Nottingham, has some metal plates of his other music.

Alan Rose 01332 875995

Hi Alan!

There is a button on the top of the text entry area (where one types text) that looks sort of like a picture of a mountain with a sun or moon.  On my computer it is second from the left on the top of the respond area.

Click that and then click "Choose File"-- choose the file and then upload it.  Pretty easy.

You can also like to a photo that is hosted on a different website or section of this one by following the same procedure but click the tab that says "From a URL."  Copy the page link to the photo and then paste it in that box.  Also very easy.

I look forward to seeing the photos and music!!

I would very much like to se them too.

I if the technicalities defeat you Alan then maybe send me a private message and you could post copies of the material to me and I'll post it on here for everyone?

Thanks for saying hello!

Hello Russ and Joe.

I will engage my grandson's help in uploading a few photographs of my granddad. I am a bit of numpty when it comes to uploading and stuff.  Please forgive me but \I will get back to you as soon as I can. 

There's a nice mention of him with some biographical details and a photo in the March 1955 BMG.  Page 158-9

Sorry to be late to this discussion.

There’s an article about him in the February 1948 issue of B.M.G., a cover photo also. He wrote at least eight pieces of music, which were published therein from ’41.

He may (or may not) have been related to Will E. Papworth, whose Love’s Dreams Waltz appeared in the April 1904 issue (and again in September 1930).

That’s all I know.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service