You can't go wrong with a Joplin rag and this is no exception. As with my other recent Joplin arrangements, there are scores for Ist and 2nd banjo and a combined score. The midi includes the Ist and 2nd banjo parts and all  are available in the library....Steve.

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for this one Steve, a good arrangement of a classic rag by the master, it could have been written for the banjo. 

Thanks Richard, I have the scores for all of Joplin's music, I've tried all of them on banjo and will eventually arrange those that haven't been done yet and are suitable. There are some that are so specifically piano rags that to my ears, they don't work very well on the banjo....Steve.

Richard William Ineson said:

Thanks for this one Steve, a good arrangement of a classic rag by the master, it could have been written for the banjo. 

This is a rarely-heard Joplin rag that, to me, wants for substance. It meanders along in a fairly recognizable Joplinesque formula but it never really finds a theme or melody. It is a very late Joplin rag and perhaps that's what lets it down just a bit...in his 'elevator music' phase. ;-)

That said, I really enjoyed your banjo arrangement of it, Steve. Well done again!

PS The lady in the boat has let her rug drag in the water. It must be a visual analogy of some sort. Wet Persian Rug, anyone?

Hi Marc, I'm with you on some of Joplin's music, I think he was attempting to turn ragtime into an art form...Steve.

Trapdoor2 said:

This is a rarely-heard Joplin rag that, to me, wants for substance. It meanders along in a fairly recognizable Joplinesque formula but it never really finds a theme or melody. It is a very late Joplin rag and perhaps that's what lets it down just a bit...in his 'elevator music' phase. ;-)

That said, I really enjoyed your banjo arrangement of it, Steve. Well done again!

PS The lady in the boat has let her rug drag in the water. It must be a visual analogy of some sort. Wet Persian Rug, anyone?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service