Peanuts, A Nutty Rag (1911)..Ethel Earnist aka Chas. L. Johnson.

This is best described as a novelty rag, it has some unusual and interesting variations and remains in the key of C throughout. I had to rewrite the second part to make it more banjo friendly but it does closely follow the piano score.

The arpeggios in the trio spanned 4 octaves and therefore wouldn't fit the banjo. I overcame this by doubling back and using only 2 octaves.

I found CLJ's choice of pseudonym on this one amusing. The score and midi are in the library...Steve.

Views: 277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very cool front page and music, and that's strange that it stay on C all along ! would like to hear you play one of your arrangements Steve ! I am sure that you transcribe them very accuratly, in a very playable way, as you mention in the score the fret numbers (what I suppose are the numbers on the top of notes) and other details !

edit wao sorry I just check your videos, that's well enough thanks !

Another fun tune by Mr Johnson...and an excellent arrangement again! Well done!

I think this one might be fun to play...its going on the list!

Hi Remi, thanks for your kind comments. As far as making videos goes, my days of playing out are behind me, I do a little teaching and play now for my own pleasure. I can't drum up the enthusiasm or find the time, to practice ad nauseum any tune to get it to a standard I'd be happy to record. With over 400 arrangements, it would be impossible to memorize them all therefore most of my playing is straight from the score. It's one of the reasons I add so many fret numbers and position indicators as this acts as a good aide memoir for tunes I haven't played for some time. Maybe I should put some time aside, I'll give it some thought...Steve.

Rémi said:

Very cool front page and music, and that's strange that it stay on C all along ! would like to hear you play one of your arrangements Steve ! I am sure that you transcribe them very accuratly, in a very playable way, as you mention in the score the fret numbers (what I suppose are the numbers on the top of notes) and other details !

edit wao sorry I just check your videos, that's well enough thanks !

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service