I thought I'd try something really different to try on banjo so I set my self the task of arranging this one. It's part of a suite of music written by English composer Sir Edward German as incidental music to Henry VIII by Shakespeare.

I can absolutely guarantee that this has never been arranged for Banjo before!  It was more of an academic exercise  to see if it was possible and to hear what it would sound like. It may not be to everyone's taste but at least I've proved that it can be played on banjo. The score and midi are in the library....Steve.

Views: 138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Didn't the Earl of Scruggs play this...? ;-)

Pretty neat, actually. Thank you for delving into undisturbed waters...we need to do that more often.

Thanks Marc...maybe it's time to give Mozart and Beethoven a run out!....Steve.

Beethoven wrote some Mandolin sonatina's that work really well on the banjo. I used to play one of them regularly (melodic style). Can't remember it now...

the one in C major is particularly banjo friendly.

Trapdoor2 said:

Beethoven wrote some Mandolin sonatina's that work really well on the banjo. I used to play one of them regularly (melodic style). Can't remember it now...

Hi Marc, I used to play O'Carolan's Concerto many years ago, O'Carolan was influenced by the Baroque music of the day, he wrote it following a trip to Europe...Steve. 

Trapdoor2 said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service