Margie (1920) Con Conrad, J. Russell Robinson, Benny Davis

This one of my favorites of the early popular songs and one that was a staple in the repertoire of most of the jazz bands I used to watch in the 1960s. As with 'Make my Cot' I've arranged it as a song and added all the lyrics to the score. It's another example of the variety of music that can be played classic style and it's a fun piece to play. The score and midi are in the library....Steve.

Views: 206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Excellent!

That's one of those jazz standards that everybody knows (well, all the jazz folks). I grew up with this stuff and have a lot of it buried in my stacks of 78's. You can find hot versions of it on youtube by just about anybody of note.

Hi Marc,Thanks for that, it is a fun tune to play and not too challenging once you've got your fingers round the chord positions. I'm having a look at a few other jazz standards which I may try later. In the late 1950s and 1960s, traditional (Dixie Land) jazz had a good following in the UK and many of the city centre pubs in Birmingham that had an assembly room upstairs held regular jazz clubs. Sadly, local  live music venues in the UK are now few and far between...Steve.
Trapdoor2 said:

Excellent!

That's one of those jazz standards that everybody knows (well, all the jazz folks). I grew up with this stuff and have a lot of it buried in my stacks of 78's. You can find hot versions of it on youtube by just about anybody of note.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service