Make My Cot (Where The Cot-Cot-Cotton Grows).1927..J.Le Soir, R.Doll, S Klein.

Marc mentioned this in a previous post so I had a go at this banjo arrangement. I've arranged it as a song with the lyrics added to the score. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISjN_6cOs1g

This link takes you to a 1927 recording by Red Nichol's Stompers and It's a typical 1920's dance tune with vocal refrain and quite a fun piece to play. The score and midi are in the library..Steve.

Views: 359

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ha!

You would not believe how long it took me to find a copy of this sheet music. Back in the 1980's, I passed on a copy for $5.00...too expensive! 20's sheets were typically selling in the $1-$3 range and the seller wouldn't budge. I didn't see another copy for nearly 30 yrs. About 8 yrs ago, I saw a copy on ebay sell for $50 (which beat out my bid) and I put it in my list of ebay "wanted" items. Finally had another copy show up on ebay in 2013...got that one (and for a good bit less than $30).

Well done, Steve. You've captured the jazzy nature of it just right. Many thanks!!

Thanks Marc, I've been having a look at a few other similar songs which I may try later on. It takes me back to the 1960s when traditional jazz was popular in the UK and I used to frequent the numerous jazz clubs that were around in my home town of Birmingham....Steve.
Trapdoor2 said:

Ha!

You would not believe how long it took me to find a copy of this sheet music. Back in the 1980's, I passed on a copy for $5.00...too expensive! 20's sheets were typically selling in the $1-$3 range and the seller wouldn't budge. I didn't see another copy for nearly 30 yrs. About 8 yrs ago, I saw a copy on ebay sell for $50 (which beat out my bid) and I put it in my list of ebay "wanted" items. Finally had another copy show up on ebay in 2013...got that one (and for a good bit less than $30).

Well done, Steve. You've captured the jazzy nature of it just right. Many thanks!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service