This is my second foray into Joplin territory and following a suggestion by Marc, I've had a go at at one of his more complex tunes.

The chords and syncopation are quite challenging  which is where the midi comes into its own. The piano score was in Bb Major and Bb Minor and after much hair pulling I eventually got it to fit the banjo in G and G minor. There's a top C used so a 22 fret banjo is needed to play it as written.If anyone fancies a challenge, this is the one for you! The score and midi are in the library...Steve.

Views: 264

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Excellent! Thank you Steve! That one is going into TAB as soon as I can get to it.

No problem Marc, I'm always on the lookout for tunes to test the old grey cells, I'm hoping that if I can keep them  in working order, it might stop me going ga ga in my old age. This is very well written piece by Joplin with a good mix of differing styles, there's even a bit of blues creeping into it. I was doubtful at first as to its suitability for banjo but I think it hits the mark quite well.....Steve

Trapdoor2 said:

Excellent! Thank you Steve! That one is going into TAB as soon as I can get to it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service