Lady Slippers (A rag)..(1910)..Raymond Birch aka Charles Leslie Johnson

I don't think Johnson ever wrote a bad rag and this is no exception. On the piano score there were a couple of triplets which were awkward to play smoothly on banjo so I've replaced them but none the less, the finished result still works well.  I've also transposed it from C/F to D/G with fourth string tuned to D for ease of playing. The score and midi are in the library..Steve.

Views: 191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Somehow, this one escaped me.

Johnson was a ragtime jenius, no doubt. This is a lively and wonderful piece, holds your interest all the way thru. Well done, great pick!

Thanks Marc, I absolutely agree, so far I've done 18 arrangements of Johnson tunes and all of them are unique in their style and musicality. I have a few more on my 'to do' list and would eventually like to do all those that haven't already been arranged for Banjo. I googled Lady Slippers and found that it's the state flower for Minnesota.

As an aside, did you receive the score for Darkey Tickle in C that I emailed to you?  If not, check your spam folder, too many of my emails have a habit of disappearing into hyperspace!....Steve.

Trapdoor2 said:

Somehow, this one escaped me.

Johnson was a ragtime jenius, no doubt. This is a lively and wonderful piece, holds your interest all the way thru. Well done, great pick!

Yes, I did get the score, Steve. I just haven't had a pair of minutes to rub together to finish up my TAB, still working on the 2nd. Thanks!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service