This is an interesting composition coming as it does on the tail end of ragtime. It's very much in the style of some early 1920s jazz and the final part morphs into pure blues. The score and midi are in the library..Steve.

Views: 234

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pretty cool rag. I do like how it evolves but still keeps a bit of rag going throughout.

One of the things I enjoy about your exploration of ragtime is that I tend to go find each one out on the 'net. Whether I find it or not, I always seem to run across another one (or several) that piques my interest.

This time I found "Tom-Boy (Rag Two Step) by W.F. Bradford. What a delightful Rag!

Attachments:

Hi Marc, I like Tom-Boy and it's now in my to do folder. Keystone is a bit tricky in parts so listening to the midi get the syncopation into your head might be a good idea...Steve.

Trapdoor2 said:

Pretty cool rag. I do like how it evolves but still keeps a bit of rag going throughout.

One of the things I enjoy about your exploration of ragtime is that I tend to go find each one out on the 'net. Whether I find it or not, I always seem to run across another one (or several) that piques my interest.

This time I found "Tom-Boy (Rag Two Step) by W.F. Bradford. What a delightful Rag!

Excellent, Steve. Not sure if it will translate to the banjo but I'm very sure you'll make it work as well as is possible.

Oh, and BTW, for those of you not up on your Americana, the keystone in "Keystone Rag" (as depicted) is the symbol of the state of Pennsylvania, USA.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service