The title doesn't properly describe the tune, I would describe it as a 'ragtime reverie' rather than a rag, with a lilting melody. The trio is typical of tunes of that period and in bars 81 to 96 I've made use of arpeggios rather than the grace notes which were on the original piano score. The score and midi are in the library...Steve.

Views: 231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like this best of the two you just posted. The arpeggiated (the spell checker wants to replace that with "carpetbagger") chords in the trio are a great choice, I like 'em a lot.

Thanks again, Steve!

Carpetbagger chords!  I love that. I've heard of Forty Dollar Chords, Off Chords, Demented and Demolished Chords but Carpetbagger Chords are the best yet. What word can we type that would cause the spell checker to change it to Scalawag?  I just tried a number of different possibilities but Mister Spell Checker is declining to take the bait.

Trapdoor2 said:

I like this best of the two you just posted. The arpeggiated (the spell checker wants to replace that with "carpetbagger") chords in the trio are a great choice, I like 'em a lot.

Thanks again, Steve!

Ah the demon spell checker! What really gets my goat is the auto correct when the computer tries to second guess what I'm trying to say and I don't notice until I've sent the message which then sounds like gibberish!...Steve.
Jody Stecher said:

Carpetbagger chords!  I love that. I've heard of Forty Dollar Chords, Off Chords, Demented and Demolished Chords but Carpetbagger Chords are the best yet. What word can we type that would cause the spell checker to change it to Scalawag?  I just tried a number of different possibilities but Mister Spell Checker is declining to take the bait.

Trapdoor2 said:

Thanks again, Steve!

Thanks Marc, This is a nice one to play, it fits the fingers nicely. I can't decide the best way to play the arpeggios, whether to use the usual banjo three finger way or strum across the strings with the back of a finger or use the thumb.....Steve. 

Trapdoor2 said:

Thanks again, Steve!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service