I reckon this is one of Lamb's best rags, it ticks all the ragtime boxes. I've transcribed it to B flat from F so as to fit in the high octave section, it also makes it comfortable to play as it fits the left hand nicely. The score and midi are in  the library...Steve.

Views: 227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One of my favourite rags - it's very jolly and catchy.  I have a recording of this with a trumpet player leading the tune (Easy Winner's Ragtime Band) and it always puts me in a good mood whenever I hear it.  Thanks, Steve.

Hi Carrie, are you going to give it a try?..If you find the high octave section a challenge, you can always repeat the passage in the lower octave....Steve.
carrie horgan said:

One of my favourite rags - it's very jolly and catchy.  I have a recording of this with a trumpet player leading the tune (Easy Winner's Ragtime Band) and it always puts me in a good mood whenever I hear it.  Thanks, Steve.

Thanks for the tip, Steve.  Currently, I am inching through Grizzly Bear - as usual, the A part fooled me into thinking 'ah, this isn't too bad' and now it's become progressively more tricky!     

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service