This is a tune suggested by Marc. I would describe it a crossover piece written at the end of the ragtime period and beginning of the 1920's jazz age. The composer was a musician known to George Cobb and for whom Cobb did the piano arrangement. Rednip is Pinder spelled backwards!  I had a count up and this tune is my 295th. arrangement. The score and midis are in the library...Steve.

Views: 388

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Harold Pinder, aka "Rednip"...seems he wrote this as both a piano solo and a "song". I saw one write-up on the net that likened it to the "Anvil Chorus"...why is a mystery to me. Other than having a measure or two of 'anvil-like' sound effects and being written about a guy who uses an anvil, it doesn't sound at all like the "Anvil Chorus".

The dotted sections are what I find interesting in this piece, they create a contrast in rhythm that I find both charming and jarring.

Thanks Steve, I may TAB this one out.

Hi Marc, with the unusual rhythms and note structure, I can't see it being easy to sing along to. I'm with you on the Anvil Chorus, I suppose it could said that the rhythm of bars 33-34 in the trio could be construed as anvil like....Steve.
Trapdoor2 said:

Harold Pinder, aka "Rednip"...seems he wrote this as both a piano solo and a "song". I saw one write-up on the net that likened it to the "Anvil Chorus"...why is a mystery to me. Other than having a measure or two of 'anvil-like' sound effects and being written about a guy who uses an anvil, it doesn't sound at all like the "Anvil Chorus".

The dotted sections are what I find interesting in this piece, they create a contrast in rhythm that I find both charming and jarring.

Thanks Steve, I may TAB this one out.

Found the version with lyrics!

Attachments:

aargh! what doggerel.   it's better as an instrumental.

Trapdoor2 said:

But I like dogs!

Jody Stecher said:

Trapdoor2 said:

The words composed by Harold Pinder (not to be confused with playwright Harold Pinter)  are not Arf as good as what a real dog would compose. The name "Rednip" sounds like a tonic for canines or maybe a brand of dog biscuits. 

Trapdoor2 said:

But I like dogs!

Jody Stecher said:

Trapdoor2 said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service