This is a catchy tune by CLJ and is described as a foxtrot. The piano score showed triplet grace notes in the first part which were impossible to play fluently on the banjo so I replaced them with standard triplets and adjusted the timing slightly to suit. It still seems to work.

The slide is apparently a dance technique where the male partner slides his left foot at times during the dance, I expect that the grace notes were there to indicate when to slide. 

I've changed the key from F to D with the fourth tuned to D for ease of playing. The score and midi are in the library...Steve.

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well done !

I remark that Banjo Player often like (or is it you?) very much Ch.L.Johnson, I can understand that.

I did a new Frank Lawes today, really not easy (even with the piano score! as the bass are different than the 2nd banjo, I didn't know what to choose), I hope to be able to share it with you soon, and I think that it was not recorded yet (at least on youtube).

Hi Remi, many thanks for your kind comment. Over the past four years or so, I'll have written 407 arrangements for banjo, mainly ragtime music. So far I've arranged most of the Rags by Joplin, James Scott and Tom Turpin among many others. I usually select a composer and then work my way through his tunes and as you have seen, C.L.Johnson has been my current choice.  I've another 9 of his tunes ready to post over the next few weeks and in total I'll have 34 completed....Steve. 

Rémi said:

Well done !

I remark that Banjo Player often like (or is it you?) very much Ch.L.Johnson, I can understand that.

I did a new Frank Lawes today, really not easy (even with the piano score! as the bass are different than the 2nd banjo, I didn't know what to choose), I hope to be able to share it with you soon, and I think that it was not recorded yet (at least on youtube).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service