This a good tune for banjo and one written by Mills that I'd not heard before. It's a lively cakewalk with a very folksy sound to it and plenty of variations in the score. The score and midi are in the library. Please excuse the cropped front page but that's how it was in the file that I downloaded..Steve

Views: 273

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like Kerry Mills...wrote some really listenable and danceable tunes that have stood the test of time.

This is a neat one that I also had never heard. Well done again, Steve!

Thanks Marc, give me 0/10 for observation, I've only just spotted the banjo players on the cover picture!..Steve.

Trapdoor2 said:

I like Kerry Mills...wrote some really listenable and danceable tunes that have stood the test of time.

This is a neat one that I also had never heard. Well done again, Steve!

Funny! That was the first thing I noticed, a "fiddle and banjo" playing for the dance...

H I Marc,I really must get my eyes tested! Having had a closer look, one of them is indeed a fiddle player. The second part of G.Barn dance sounded familiar so I had a look back through some of my earlier Mills arrangements and it appears, more or less note for note as the second part of 'Me and Me Banjo' which is also to be found in the library....Steve. 

Funny! That was the first thing I noticed, a "fiddle and banjo" playing for the dance...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service