All Discussions Tagged 'banjo' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Help needed to identify mystery banjo player

Dear forum members, I have a photograph of my great-grandfather who was a professional musician in the 1890's and played in the Sheffield a…

Started by Hannah Urquhart

7 Jan 10, 2022
Reply by nick langton

Unusual - Possibly 7 String Banjo

Hello Everyone,  I was just browsing through the Trade Me website (New Zealand's equivalent of eBay) and came across what appears to be a 7…

Started by Brett Lowe

3 Jun 5, 2020
Reply by Joel Hooks

Looking for information and discussion on C.P, Stinson, Hosea Easton, and Vance Lowry

I am at work on a research project on C.P. Stinson, Hosea Easton, and Vance Lowry, three African American banjoists of the late 19th a…

Started by Tony Thomas MFA Black Banjoist

0 Aug 10, 2018

120th Anniversary of S.S. Stewart´s death

Hi all!, Long time of my presence here. I have a small project for this 2018: I would like to give a small homage to S.S Stewart, consideri…

Started by German David Patarroyo

2 Apr 20, 2018
Reply by German David Patarroyo

Banjo Introduction

Hi, My name is Philip Agnew and I thought I would introduce myself and my great-grandfathers zither banjo. I live in Brisbane Australia,…

Started by Pip

2 Nov 16, 2017
Reply by Steve Harrison

Like a Phoenix Bird

I am sorry for my premature exclamation earlier when I said that the Classic Banjo Resource site was up and running. Turns out there were q…

Started by Hal Allert

3 Feb 18, 2016
Reply by Hal Allert

Home Circle Music Series

I found this Banjo music book at my local Antique store. I was wondering if anyone has seen this before or has any information on it?

Started by Marcus Ailstock

20 Mar 3, 2014
Reply by Marcus Ailstock

Italian Banjo Strings

I recently received some images from a lady wanting to know the manufacturer of some banjo strings. The box that the strings came in, I pre…

Started by Hal Allert

12 Oct 24, 2013
Reply by Hal Allert

Advice about bridge for classic banjo.

Hello everybody, I am new to classic banjo playing and I need some advice. I have a steel strung Epiphone MB 100 open back banjo with ebony…

Started by Luka Renić

14 Sep 28, 2013
Reply by Pertti Vuori

Original Classic banjo recordings online

Hello everybody, I am interested where can I get original recordings by Fred Van Eps,Vess Ossman and other original players available to do…

Started by Luka Renić

2 Sep 21, 2013
Reply by Jody Stecher

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service