Forum Discussions (2,916)

Featured Discussions

SPAMMER: ERICA WOODWARD ACCOUNT DELETED

I have deleted the account registered by "Erica Woodward".  If you have received any message from this spambot please ignore it. Sorry that…

Started by thereallyniceman in Classic BanjoLatest Reply

A BIG thank you for your donations to Classic-Banjo.ning.com

I would like to thank everybody for their very kind donations to keep the website running. The costs are only going in one direction... UP…

THE CLASSIC BANJO NING WEBSITE NEEDS YOUR HELP

Classic Banjo Ning is run to benefit its members with free music scores, discussions, tuition and much, much more! Browsing visitors too…

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

George Morris

Hello Everyone, Here's a recording which you might also enjoy... https://youtu.be/upoazUcU-_U?si=kYcxG9_6gLeE-ZIH

Started by Brett Lowe in Classic Banjo

0 yesterday

The King Of The Cake Walk (Le Roi Du Cake Walk)..1903..Marius Cairanne

This is a good, early example of ragtime written by a French composer. I couldn't find a bio on Cairanne but there is a lot of his music me…

Started by Steve Harrison in Classic Banjo

0 on Friday

That Whistling Rag..1912..Joseph M. Foley

This is a one off, self published rag by Foley who was from  Ontario, Canada. It's a catchy tune and not too challenging to play. Included…

0 on Wednesday

BERT BASSETT BIOGRAPHY

We have at last completed a biography for Bert Bassett.  It can be found in Player Biographies.  It is based on an obituary writted by Clif…

Started by TONY BRYAN in Classic Banjo

17 Mar 12
Reply by Richard William Ineson

Dixie Doodle (Rag Two-step)...1899...C.N.Buchanan

This catchy early rag was self published by the composer who was the owner of a music shop in Cairo, Illinois. There were three other Bucha…

0 Mar 7

J.C. Bertolle the "Dexter" banjo

Hi all, I haven't been very active in the last years, mainly because I haven't had time to play classic banjo at all. I hope that will chan…

Started by Pär Engstrand in Classic Banjo

2 Mar 3
Reply by Pär Engstrand

The Burglar Buck (1909)..Stephen O.Jones

Included with this post is a recording by Fred Van Eps and the MP3 and score of my arrangement which will be added to the library later. I'…

0 Mar 2

Cotton Time (March &Two Step) 1910..Charles N. Daniels.

This is another well written rag from Daniels, it has plenty of variety and I particularly like his use of block chords in the third part (…

0 Feb 29

Park Crescent March for Banjo, Banjeaurine, and Second Banjo

I just got this arrangement of the Park Crescent March "Concert Edition" with an added Banjeaurine part that I thought our friends on the o…

Started by Joel Hooks in Classic Banjo

2 Feb 29
Reply by thereallyniceman

The Vienna Rag (Cake Walk à la "Strauss")..1905..Paul Ruben

This a well written rag in which the composer was influenced by the music of Strauss. Apart from the usual suspects, I'm not familiar with …

0 Feb 24

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service