Joel Hooks's Discussions (566)

Discussions Replied To (487) Replies Latest Activity

"This is quite an impressive work!  Clear and well presented.  I now know more than I…"

Joel Hooks replied on Friday to A register of surviving Parslow banjos built from 1880 to 1919

4 5 hours ago
Reply by Edward Marshe Parslow

"Hi David, What Jody wrote about the "tuning."  From various sources I have found tha…"

Joel Hooks replied Jul 14 to Tuning for a six string banjo

7 on Tuesday
Reply by Jody Stecher

"In that case, please accept my apology for the recording, it was not motivating in a…"

Joel Hooks replied Jul 13 to The Hazers, AJ Weidt

15 Jul 13
Reply by Trapdoor2

"I was up later than usual, 11 for me. I don't know Marc, I like the published intro,…"

15 Jul 13
Reply by Trapdoor2

"I don't know if this will help or hurt but I did a read of the 2nd part and recorded…"

15 Jul 13
Reply by Trapdoor2

"You can find a very basic version of Yankee Doodle in this book... https://archive.o…"

Joel Hooks replied Jun 26 to Looking for some classic banjo scores

7 Jun 27
Reply by Sergio Leonardi

"Here is an example of one of the few pieces that I have transposed to C using Musesc…"

Joel Hooks replied Jun 24 to A Notation tunes to C Notation...

20 Jun 28
Reply by Trapdoor2

"The Labella strings currently sold as "No. 17" are actually thicker then they used t…"

Joel Hooks replied Jun 22 to What nylon strings do you recommend for banjo.

5 Jun 22
Reply by thereallyniceman

"Hi Jacqueline,  I have not heard of him before but am interested in learning about y…"

Joel Hooks replied Jun 12 to W.E.Miles

1 Jun 12
Reply by Joel Hooks

"This "Jumbo Jig" is one of only a very few examples of scordatura other than bass el…"

Joel Hooks replied Jun 12 to Rob Murch has sent me a video, and not a sign of him!

22 Jun 14
Reply by Jody Stecher

RSS

© 2018   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service