Jody Stecher's Discussions (1,471)

Discussions Replied To (1359) Replies Latest Activity

"Oh yes, we always referred to the duo as SLOB.  I can think of several better curren…"

Jody Stecher replied on Sunday to Chris Cloffi. Personal chat, his banjos, his workshop and love for Classic Style

13 on Sunday
Reply by Texican65

"When Bill Evans and I were touring as the Secret Life of Banjos, a good 35% of our p…"

Jody Stecher replied on Sunday to Chris Cloffi. Personal chat, his banjos, his workshop and love for Classic Style

13 on Sunday
Reply by Texican65

"You explained it as I already understood it.  The implication is that classic style…"

13 on Sunday
Reply by Texican65

"I did spot it, but I don't see the humor. Bad bluegrass banjo players are already do…"

13 on Sunday
Reply by Texican65

"I also suggested to Chris that he include classic banjo music in his future videos s…"

13 on Sunday
Reply by Texican65

"When strung with classical guitar strings the basses on guitar-banjos are excellent.…"

Jody Stecher replied Sep 4 to Questions about Morley / Arrangements (guitar)

26 Sep 9
Reply by Hal Allert

"When printed tutors and sheet music for what is now called "classic banjo" first app…"

Jody Stecher replied Aug 1 to Stars and Stripes : question

9 Aug 16
Reply by Rémi

"Conservatory musicians have tended to be snobbish about the banjo, believing it to b…"

Jody Stecher replied Jul 31 to Banjo repertoire around 1900 - Schoenberg, anyone?

2 Jul 31
Reply by Jody Stecher

" Ebony has a grain. This veneer is probably  something else."

Jody Stecher replied Jul 24 to Chipped finish to rim

9 Jul 26
Reply by Rock Chidley

"I had a similar Temlett zither-banjo. I remember the black finish as being paint. Bu…"

Jody Stecher replied Jul 23 to Chipped finish to rim

9 Jul 26
Reply by Rock Chidley

RSS

© 2017   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service