Classic Banjo (2,654)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Desecration (A Rag Humoresque)..1914..Felix Arndt

This is another novelty tune by Felix Arndt. He's taken bits of well known classical tunes and given them the ragtime treatment. His orig…

Started by Steve Harrison

2 Sep 12, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

7 Chords

Sorry folks its me again If I have understood things correctly, CB players tend to use three note chords. 7 chords are made up of 4 notes…

Started by Eric Womersley

3 Sep 12, 2015
Reply by David Wade

And Speaking of Learning...

In the never ending stream of banjo instruction books, here is another! "Newton's Conservatory Method for Banjo" by P.W. Newton and Artemus…

Started by Joel Hooks

0 Sep 6, 2015

Chord fingering

Hello all I find the system used in Classic Style to show chord fingering somewhat difficult. To my mind, chord boxes are simpler and clea…

Started by Eric Womersley

19 Sep 5, 2015
Reply by thereallyniceman

"Chromatic Polka"

I was just browsing Northumbrian music;  I ran across this; clearly it is a classic banjo piece.     Perhaps someone recognizes it? http:/…

Started by Andy Alexis

13 Sep 4, 2015
Reply by Andy Alexis

Kakuda (1914)..Felix Arndt

This another tune that was recorded by FVE, it's a delightful oriental two step and typical of the many novelty compositions by Felix Arndt…

2 Sep 4, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

High Yellow (1910)...Frank Henri Klickman

This is one of the many tunes recorded by Fred Van Eps, I've included two arrangements, one in Em C which follows the FVE recording with a…

3 Sep 4, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

A Very Special Banjo

I'd like to share a recent addition to my banjo herd- the only known Paramount Style E 5-string.  The banjo was custom ordered by the class…

Started by John Cohen

7 Sep 4, 2015
Reply by thereallyniceman

"The Zither Banjo Hints on the Right Hand"... from Rhythm Magazine 1927

I have been hunting through my heaps of old mags trying to locate early BMG mags for Joel, but they are proving to be illusive! One mag th…

Started by thereallyniceman

4 Sep 3, 2015
Reply by Hal Allert

“The Works of Joe Morley Page” ... UPDATED

30 new solos added to the list.   Behind the scenes Rev. Anthony Peabody and I have been continuing with the mammoth task of creating audio…

Started by thereallyniceman

3 Sep 3, 2015
Reply by Hal Allert

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service