Classic Banjo (2,654)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fred Van Eps late recordings

I have an email from new member Jeremy Stephens asking if the Fred Van Eps recording made in the 1950s is available anywhere. I was kindly…

Started by thereallyniceman

1 Sep 29, 2015
Reply by thereallyniceman

Cheshire, UK

Hi all, Just got back into the classic banjo again after about 17 years away (I know, terrible). I was 10 when I was taught by the late gr…

Started by Andy Spencer

1 Sep 28, 2015
Reply by thereallyniceman

The Honeysuckle And The Bee (1901)....W.H.Penn

A popular Music Hall/Vaudeville song at the turn of the last century. This was suggested by Ian as a possible banjo tune. I've arranged…

Started by Steve Harrison

5 Sep 28, 2015
Reply by Richard William Ineson

THE ECLIPSE SELF INSTRUCTOR FOR BANJO added to the TUTOR BOOKS PAGE

This is another tutor sent by our chum Ray Jones. It is in the early A tuning, but that is an easy fix with a ruler and some Tippex ;-)…

3 Sep 27, 2015
Reply by RitonMousquetaire

Bunch of Rags...

I've been working on this one for a while. Took longer than usual...not an easy piece to input. This is from the CE sheets, a little like t…

Started by Trapdoor2

20 Sep 26, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

Carl Fischer's Banjo Tutor in A added to TUTOR BOOKS page

Another goodie from Ray Jones in Australia. A nice clean scan of this tutor book that seems to have quite a number of interesting tunes in…

1 Sep 23, 2015
Reply by Joel Hooks

A Sea Breeze...tunes quoted?

I've just finished TAB of "A Sea Breeze". Yet another cool JM tune, of course. However, I'm at a loss to identify one of the tunes he quote…

Started by Trapdoor2

4 Sep 22, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

NEW, OLD, 1904 BANJO TUTOR added to the TUTOR BOOKS page.

Our friend Ray Jones from Australia has "somehow" located and sent me a Canadian Banjo tutor book! (Well it was published in Toronto and fo…

4 Sep 19, 2015
Reply by Shawn McSweeny

Learning a piece of music

Hello everybody Another newbie question.  I find it hard remembering how to play a piece of music from beginning to end. Frankly, even jus…

Started by Eric Womersley

44 Sep 18, 2015
Reply by Trevor Boyd

NEW MORLEY TABS

A big thank you to Marc Smith for producing tablature for Morley's compositions "Apple Blossoms" and "Butterfly". Marc sent these to me at…

4 Sep 15, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service