Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ossman's 71st Facelift

Yes, even "Old Plunk" needs some freshening up from time to time. The score for his "71st Regiment Quickstep" is in the site Music Library,…

Started by Shawn McSweeny

10 Jan 4, 2016
Reply by Shawn McSweeny

Tarrant Bailey Junior Recording on Youtube

I spotted a recording that I have never heard, and bet that you ain't either !!! A great medley of Old Time Tunes...even a snatch of Morley…

Started by thereallyniceman

25 Dec 20, 2015
Reply by Chris Cioffi

A Georgian Breeze

I had a look this morning at the new entries to The Works Of Joe Morley. I took a fancy to "A Georgian Breeze" but was puzzled by the title…

Started by Jody Stecher

5 Dec 17, 2015
Reply by Jody Stecher

Luscomb banjo serial numbers

Is there a Luscomb banjo serial number database anywhere? I have acquired a Luscomb Standard serial number 1251. I am trying to determine i…

Started by Richard Katz

0 Dec 15, 2015

Rare Olly Oakley Recording turns up!

I sometimes wonder where these recordings have been hiding for the last 100 years! Here is an Edison Cylinder recording made by Olly Oakl…

Started by thereallyniceman

11 Dec 14, 2015
Reply by Jody Stecher

"Dinah's Wedding" by John Pidoux

Ian has kindly posted the dots, TAB and MIDI I sent him last night. Thanks! This is a pretty simple tune at its core, so dig in and give it…

Started by Trapdoor2

0 Dec 14, 2015

Bowery Buck (1899)...Tom Turpin

This yet another early rag by Turpin,(only another three to do) and It's not to hard on the fingers. The score and midi are in the library…

Started by Steve Harrison

2 Dec 9, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

Clifford Essex Regal

Anybody here play a Regal?  How do they compare to the other high-end CE banjos (Special XX, Paragon, Professional)?  The hollow rim is an…

Started by John Cohen

15 Dec 7, 2015
Reply by John Cohen

Alabama Dream (1899)..George D. Barnard.

This is the last of my current batch of arrangements until the new year. She who is to be obeyed keeps going on at me about preparing for X…

0 Dec 6, 2015

Ragtime Nightmare (1900) Tom Turpin.

This is another very good early rag from Turpin. I'll eventually arrange all 6 of his published rags. The score and midi are in the libra…

0 Dec 6, 2015

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service