Classic Banjo (2,666)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

CLASSIC BANJO RESOURCE UP AND RUNNING

Hello friends. I have finally published my updated classic banjo website. I have incorporated links to the radio station, the podcasts, pic…

Started by Hal Allert

13 Jan 27, 2016
Reply by Trapdoor2

The Adventures of Clarke Buehling

Hello banjo friends - I came across this on youtube and thought I'd share it.  About 3 mins in, there is 'The Smiler', followed by a really…

Started by carrie horgan

1 Jan 24, 2016
Reply by Trapdoor2

Gibson Banjos

I'm aware that a few classic style players used Gibsons in the past, and I'm wondering if anyone here has tried it with a 40-hole archtop o…

Started by John Cohen

50 Jan 24, 2016
Reply by John Cohen

Ossman's Darkey Volunteer

Here is Vess L. Ossman’s 1898 recording, and his arrangement, of “The Darkey Volunteer”, whose title refers to the volunteers signing up…

Started by Shawn McSweeny

15 Jan 23, 2016
Reply by Shawn McSweeny

Strings and bridge for S. S. Stewart Thoroughbred banjo

What would be the best nylon strings and bridge for an S. S. Stewart Thoroughbred banjo? Also what gauges would you suggest and bridge make…

Started by Richard Katz

7 Jan 22, 2016
Reply by Richard Katz

Banjorette Schottische

Hi Gang, Stewart published this little ditty back in 1880...and there is a single sample page of the original dots here in the library. The…

Started by Trapdoor2

7 Jan 20, 2016
Reply by Trapdoor2

Classic Banjo website

I wonder if anybody has noticed that Hal Alert's fine website is under construction to bring it up to date.    Hal has put a lot of effort…

Started by Ray Jones

1 Jan 19, 2016
Reply by Hal Allert

Happy Mose (1899)...Phil Kussel

This is a catchy early two step with some interesting syncopation, once you have sync. in your head, it's not too hard on the fingers. It's…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Jan 17, 2016

Missouri Romp (1907)..Arthur Marshall

This is a rare rag that was never published during the composers lifetime consequently I've been unable to locate a piano score. I did find…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Jan 16, 2016

about Nylgut

The following link pertaining to the chemistry and properties of Nylgut (but which kind?) just appeared in another musical instrument forum…

Started by Jody Stecher

3 Jan 16, 2016
Reply by Joel Hooks

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service