Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Kissing Bug Rag (1909)..Chas. L. Johnson

This is another excellent rag by Johnson (I'm gradually working through his list of compositions), I googled the title and discovered that…

Started by Steve Harrison

2 Mar 2, 2016
Reply by Steve Harrison

It has been a bit quiet on site recently...

...has everyone gone here instead? It is good to see that old Joe has found a new career after the banjo, but he must be getting on a bi…

Started by thereallyniceman

2 Mar 1, 2016
Reply by Jody Stecher

Hen Cackle Rag..(A barnyard disturbance! ) (1912..C.L.Johnson

Another Johnson tune that's worth a listen. Anyone that likes traditional or fiddle music may take to this. The first part sounds a bit Sco…

5 Feb 28, 2016
Reply by Jody Stecher

St. Louis Rag...in C notation!

A little while back, Chris Cioffi posted a shot of "St. Louis Rag" as arranged by "Ossman & Hunter". On another thread, Anthony P. was…

Started by Trapdoor2

9 Feb 26, 2016
Reply by Steve Harrison

Ossman Dudleys' Dixie Girl

“Dixie Girl” was written by J. Bodewalt Lampe, composer of “Dreamy Eyes” and “Creole Belles”, and published in 1903. It was recorded by th…

Started by Shawn McSweeny

2 Feb 26, 2016
Reply by Hal Allert

Ossman's Morningside Caprice

“Morningside Caprice” was published by S.S. Stewart in 1896.  Vess L. Ossman is credited as composer.  It is a lyrical dance, rhythmic but…

Started by Shawn McSweeny

2 Feb 25, 2016
Reply by thereallyniceman

Swanee Rag (1912)..Charles L. Johnson

I don't think Johnson ever wrote a bad piece of music and this is no exception. It's a delightful rag the first part of which begins in a m…

0 Feb 24, 2016

Fred Van Eps' string gauges

Eli Kaufman has a flushfret that was last strung by Van Eps, and he measured the gauges with a micrometer.  They are: .016 .018 .022 .024w…

Started by John Cohen

5 Feb 24, 2016
Reply by Trapdoor2

Silver Bells For Sale

I am selling two original 5-string B&D Silver Bells, a no. 1 special and a No. 3. Please message me if interested.

Started by John Cohen

2 Feb 24, 2016
Reply by John Cohen

Mr. Blackman (1903)...Arthur Pryor.

This is my take on a neat cake walk by Arthur Pryor. It differs somewhat to previous arrangements. Most of the first section is played in f…

0 Feb 21, 2016

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service