Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Pippin (1908)...(.A sentimental Rag)....Arthur Marshall

This is the last of the published rags attributed to Arthur Marshall, there's nice use made of changes between minor and major keys and the…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Mar 31, 2016

Gear question(s)

I recently switched my standard 5-string over to nylon strings, and I LOVE it - I'll never go back! Of course now I'm running into some iss…

Started by Jocko MacNelly

30 Mar 30, 2016
Reply by Jocko MacNelly

Classic banjo serial numbers

I find it interesting the S.S. Stewart Co. did not keep accurate serial numbers considering how detailed Stewart himself seemed to be. Othe…

Started by Richard Katz

4 Mar 27, 2016
Reply by Richard Katz

Fret marker differences

My Luscomb banjo (20 frets) has fret markers at the 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 12th, 14th, and 17th frets. My S.S. Stewart Special Thoroughbred (2…

Started by Richard Katz

12 Mar 25, 2016
Reply by Brian Kimerer

Anyone heard of Brenda Auden ???

I was pleased to receive a copy of an audio cassette containing recordings of a young lady playing the Classic Style banjo. Her name is Bre…

Started by thereallyniceman

10 Mar 23, 2016
Reply by Joel Hooks

Ham And ! (1908)..Arthur Marshall

This is another good rag  by Marshall with an amusing title. To my ears, this is the most Joplin like of his compositions. The score and mi…

Started by Steve Harrison

5 Mar 22, 2016
Reply by Steve Harrison

White's Excelsior Method for the Banjo

Here is one I bought recently on eBay.  I fully expected to get an A notation version of the C notation book of the same name written by Ge…

Started by Joel Hooks

16 Mar 20, 2016
Reply by Joel Hooks

Classic Banjo Radio

If anyone has noticed lately, my radio station has been down for over a week now. I serve the tunes from my desktop PC. Recently, I took th…

Started by Hal Allert

3 Mar 20, 2016
Reply by Joel Hooks

Action height at the low frets (nut height)

There's been a lot of questions and answers here about general action height, but a thorough search has turned up nothing about action heig…

Started by John Cohen

5 Mar 18, 2016
Reply by Steve Harrison

Ossman Plays “A Gay Gossoon”

According to the 1910 census info posted by Marc recently, Ossman had some Irish on his mother’s side, so for St Patrick’s Day, here is Os…

Started by Shawn McSweeny

7 Mar 17, 2016
Reply by Trapdoor2

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service