Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

All our problems are solved!

Once more, thanks to S. S. Stewart! 1949, and a last gasp for the Stewart name about which I was not previously aware. (Joel, do you have o…

Started by F. Chris Ware

1 Sep 18, 2016
Reply by Jody Stecher

Uncle Jasper's Jubilee (1899)....Edward Taylor Paull

I've arranged this early cakewalk in the banjo's favourite keys of Eb (C minor) Ab which makes it kinder to the fingers than the original k…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Sep 16, 2016

Koonville Koonlets (1899) A. J. Weidt.

The score that Ian sent me had been photocopied once too often and was difficult to read in parts, this is my cleaned up version. Not havin…

0 Sep 10, 2016

For those new to Classic Style... here is why I like it so much!

I am aware that many on here are familiar with the playing of TBj., but for those who don't here is a treat for you! There are several misc…

Started by thereallyniceman

18 Sep 6, 2016
Reply by Jody Stecher

String height

How high should the string be at the 12th fret in inches (not mm)? Using nylon strings here.

Started by Richard Katz

4 Sep 5, 2016

Margie (1920) Con Conrad, J. Russell Robinson, Benny Davis

This one of my favorites of the early popular songs and one that was a staple in the repertoire of most of the jazz bands I used to watch i…

2 Aug 30, 2016
Reply by Steve Harrison

Koonville Koonlets

Does anyone have the score for the above tune by A J weidt? If not, I've found quite a good guitar arrangement which could be easily adapte…

2 Aug 29, 2016
Reply by Steve Harrison

SERVER PROBLEM

You may find that some pages are not loading due to a SERVER FAULT. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible!

Started by thereallyniceman

0 Aug 29, 2016

2016 Banjo Gathering - Important Program and Registration Updates

Dear Friends, I'm posting this on behalf of Jim Bollman, Peter Szego, and Hank Schwartz. I hope we'll see many of you at this year's Banjo…

Started by Greg Adams

0 Aug 28, 2016

Smiles And Chuckles (1917)..F.Henri Klickman

This is a catchy tune written towards the end of the ragtime era and one I'd not heard before until I found it on one of my Google expediti…

0 Aug 27, 2016

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service