Classic Banjo (2,666)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Easy Winners (1901)....Scott Joplin

This Joplin tune was suggested by Ian. I wasn't convinced that it would stand alone as a solo so I've written a banjo second. The midi incl…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Nov 3, 2016

CLIFFORD ESSEX ROMAN / FACTORY NUMBERS

By my experience  & except my mistakes , all the models of the Clifford Essex brand have a Roman / factory numbers  ( with the exceptio…

Started by marc dalmasso

0 Nov 3, 2016

My New (Big) Baby

Shortly I'll be taking delivery of this beautiful Clifford Essex Professional, courtesy of Tom Ryan.   This one is a bit different than…

Started by John Cohen

14 Nov 3, 2016
Reply by marc dalmasso

A New Appreciation For That Dusty Old Paper!

My wife and I spent the day at the Canterbury Shaker Village taking a class on letter press publishing. We went through the entire process.…

Started by Joel Hooks

2 Oct 31, 2016
Reply by Trapdoor2

Banjeaurine Heads-Where Are They?

Hello all. I am playing my banjeaurine again and want to experiment with a different head. Mine has a 13" skin head and sounds rather 'thum…

Started by Hal Allert

3 Oct 30, 2016
Reply by Hal Allert

Banjeaurine heads-where are they?

Hello all. I am playing my banjeaurine again and want to experiment with a different head. Mine has a 13" skin head and sounds rather 'thum…

Started by Hal Allert

0 Oct 30, 2016

Banjeaurine heads-where are they?

Started by Hal Allert

0 Oct 30, 2016

Legit or Hybrid?

What do the experts think? Is this a real CE banjo or a "Franken-banjo"? http://www.ebay.com/itm/112184101179?ul_noapp=true

Started by Jody Stecher

2 Oct 29, 2016
Reply by Jody Stecher

Weeping Willow Rag (1911)..Harry Augustus Fischler

This is quite different from the Joplin tune of the same name, it's a melodic rag in C minor/E flat, A flat. Most of it is in single notes,…

3 Oct 28, 2016
Reply by Jody Stecher

The Castle (Doggy) Foxtrot (1915) James R. Europe and Ford T. Dabney.

This is another tune by James Europe, Dabney is also credited and I would guess that the tune was written by Europe and the Piano score arr…

3 Oct 26, 2016
Reply by Trapdoor2

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service