Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Paragon Rag (1909)..Scott Joplin

This is one of my favourite Joplin tunes and I think one of his best. The piano score was written in G/C but to make it fit the banjo more…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Dec 30, 2016

Some Fun (1929)...Fred Van Eps.

This is a  Van Eps tune that Ian came across on the Dorian Henry ragtime site. Ian hadn't heard it before and as so far we haven't found a…

0 Dec 30, 2016

Something Doing (1903)...Scott Joplin & Scott Hayden

This is one of the the tunes Joplin composed with Scot Hayden. As would be expected, it's a good example of a ragtime two step. The piano s…

0 Dec 29, 2016

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Merry Christmas to all our friends, site members and visitors. Have a great day and please eat too much :-) Ian and Lynn Mr and Mrs threal…

Started by thereallyniceman

2 Dec 28, 2016
Reply by Hal Allert

J. A. LeBarge's Complete Method for the Banjo

Freshly scanned and my gift to the world (and if you wait a little while you can pay for a "download" of it from some guy in England that i…

Started by Joel Hooks

2 Dec 25, 2016
Reply by thereallyniceman

The Picanninies Christmas Suite

Alfred Cammeyer wrote two songs for Christmas he called The Picanninies Christmas. They were Hurry Up Little Children, Christmas Morn and W…

Started by Hal Allert

2 Dec 25, 2016
Reply by thereallyniceman

Whitney Warner No 12 Just Added!

Here is a collection of popular pieces arranged for instrumental banjo by Louis Tocaben from 1913.  Worth a look. Find it here... https:/…

Started by Joel Hooks

1 Dec 24, 2016
Reply by Hal Allert

Spotted in todays evening newspaper!

In my collection of scores I came across a 2nd Banjo part by a composer called Eugene Earle along with a publicity photograph of him.  …

Started by thereallyniceman

19 Dec 23, 2016
Reply by Jody Stecher

Christmas Arrangements by Bernard Sheaff

In going through some old music I have, I came across 3 pieces of Christmas music that were arranged for two banjos by Bernard Sheaff. I di…

Started by Hal Allert

7 Dec 23, 2016
Reply by Trapdoor2

Grimshaw's Tenor Banjo Tutor

At the risk of appearing be turning to the Dark Side....does anyone have copy of the above tutor that they would like to part with for cash…

Started by David Wade

2 Dec 18, 2016
Reply by David Wade

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service